Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not so Glamorous Side

This week I was given a really nice and unexpected compliment about my 3 little girls. My twins and I were attending Field Day at Juliann's School where she is finishing up 1st grade. I had the twins dressed in cute little sun dresses and OF COURSE matching hair bows.

A teacher who I had never met came up to me and told me I had "Stunning Daughters" and that I must hear this all the time. Well, I was a little taken back because I definitely think my girls are beautiful but you just don't hear the word "stunning" used when referring to children. I told her that as their mother, of course I thought they were beautiful. Her answer made me laugh when she said "Well, I have a little girl and I don't think she is all that". How do you respond to something like that?

I thought back on this conversation as we were camping this weekend and I looked at my "Stunning Daughters" with their dirty faces, windblown hair, and un-accessorized outfits and I thought what would this woman think about them now? But with their happy faces and big grins, I personally thought they had never looked more beautiful!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is a bit odd to say... isn't it?? I wouldn't have know how to respond to that either. I think your girls are beautiful too, dirt and wind blown hair and all! :) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete